6.23.2008

Voice: Worth Listening

Can't believe I waited so long to post this entry but a few weeks ago, we headed to one of the best new restaurants in Houston during date night - VOICE Restaurant and Lounge at Hotel Icon. Early reviews and the word on the street about the restaurant tend to be glowing. Michael Kramer has brought some wonderful new flavors to the Houston dining scene. The wine list is very extensive and is reasonably priced, much more so than Bank's previous offerings. My wife ordered the venison sous vide and I ordered the Alaskan halibut although we swapped plates. I'm glad we did - the venison was excellent. The forest mushrooms made an excellent a la carte side dish. Dessert was a delicious warm apple crisp. Next time I would like to try the tasting menu but our first experience was really very very good. Oh, and by the way, if you haven't stayed at Hotel Icon, it is rightfully one of the top rated hotels in Houston.

No comments: